On the occasion of the Earth Day 2022, the largest environmental event in the world, outstanding figures from enterprise and academia will analyze the ethical and juridical foundations of the environmental commitment and its aspects related to sustainability and people well-being. From the relation between planetary and human health, to the concept of “duty” applied to environmental protection, the discussants will connect the dots which link our responsibility towards our Mother Earth and future generations.
The event is co-organized in cooperation with the International Council of Human Duties, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization, created following the idea of Roger Sperry and Rita Levi-Montalcini to formulate the Declaration of Human Duties, an ethical code that focuses on the need to share the responsibility to preserve human dignity, protect the environment, and maintain peace among populations.
- Towards a Shared Responsibility for the Future of the Earth – Joanne Fox-Przeworski
- From an Extractive to a Regenerative Socio-economic Model – Andrea Illy
- One Health for Human and the Planet – Paolo Vineis
- Protect the Environment: Moral Duties and Legal Principles – Roberto Scarciglia
- Rita Levi-Montalcini and the Responsibility towards Younger Generations – Piera Levi-Montalcini
- Conclusions – Sergio Paoletti